Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Ask and Ye Shall Receive!!

So there I was on the A train headed up to the Harlem Health Center for an appointment.  It was a pretty day outside and sitting there as the train flew uptown my mind began to wander to pretty days back home.  I started thinking about the old fashioned Church Socials we used to have.  Big tables draped & clothed in crisp damask covers brought from the homes of the church ladies and all laden with their best dishes.  Sometimes it was an Ice Cream Social and my mouth began to water thinking about the most delicious homemade ice creams, peach, brown bread and the always in demand vanilla and chocolate.

I arrived at 125th Street and as I walked toward my destination, what should appear to my wondering eyes but the open doors of the Baptist Church there and lo and behold they were having a food sale.  An array of many flavors of homemade cake and best of all, fresh fried fish sandwiches for only $4.00 & the cake was $2.50 a slice.  Well my darlings I had the best fish sandwich that I have had anywhere and at far greater prices in a very long time!  Delicious indeed and as I told the beaming cook - "You stomped all OVER this fish!" and he did too.

Just goes to prove what a little clarity of vision can give us immediately - I am working on sharpening my vision of ultimate good all the more.  I wanted to share this with you so you could try it too!  Make a list of the Top Ten desires that would make you life so much better and be very detailed.  Maybe we will all surprise ourselves even more!


No comments:

Post a Comment